Time period: 30 June – 03 July 2017
Location: Albena Resort, Black Sea, Bulgaria
Organized by: International Festival Center “Friends of Bulgaria”, Municipality of Dobrich, Festival Program of Children’s Creativity” (Russia).
Partners: Union of the Bulgarian Composers, Bulgarian Choral Union, Union of Bulgarian Musicians and Dancers.
1. Participants: Nonprofessional academic and folklore choirs from all types, without any age limits:
- Children choirs;
- Youth choirs;
- Male/ Female choirs;
- Mixed choirs.
- Choir – 20 and more singers;
- Chamber choir – 13 to 19 singers;
- Vocal ensembles – 2 to 12 singers;
- Solo singers.
3. Program duration:
- Children choirs – to 15 minutes;
- Youth choirs, Male/Female choirs, Mixed and Chamber choirs – to 20 minutes;
- Solo singers – to 5 minutes and no more than 2 performances.
4. Program for participation: Participants perform with a freely chosen program – preclassic, classic, folklore, sacred /church/, popular and contemporary music. The Festival Program is set by the organization committee in advance according to the received application forms and is provided to the choir conductors at their arrival in Albena Resort.
5. The festival has a competitive character. Each choir conductor participates as a member of the festival jury. Awards: Ist , IInd , IIIrd Degree Diploma, Ist , IInd , IIIrd Degree Diploma Laureate and “Grand Prix”. Assessment criteria:
- performance artistry;
- artistic level of performance;
- repertoire selection;
- stage culture and artistry.
6. The Festival is held on the stage of Albena Theatre. The hall has a capacity of 450 seats. The stage size is: 18 x1 2 x 7 meters with side-scenes from both sides and backstage corridor. On the stage are set 4 acoustic microphones, electric piano KAWAI, and practicables.
Necessary documents: (have to be submitted no later than 12 June 2017):
1. Application form;
2. An accommodation list of arrivals with three names and date of birth;
3. Brief information about the group and the performance;
No program changes during the Festival are allowed.
Payment and accommodation:
1. The participants are accommodated in a previously chosen hotel in Albena Resort and get the full service, offered in the hotel. Details for each hotel are provided on the website of Albena Resort: http://www.albena.bg
2. The prices are set for room per 3 or 5 nights depending on the age of the participants, accommodation and hotel.
The age differentiation in prices is determined by Albena Resort as follow:
- Up to the age of 12 – Child;
- Above the age of 12 – Adult;
In 20 participants the 21th pack is free of charge.
WITHIN THE FESTIVAL IS ORGANIZED A GALA DINNER FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS. THOSE WILLING TO JOIN HAVE TO PAY A COVER OF 15 Euro.
Hotels check in begins at 2.00 p.m., check out – at 12.00 a.m. The participants may choose a hotel in Albena Resort that is not listed above. In that case the accommodation terms are specified with the organizers.
Prices include:accommodation, All Inclusive, rehearsals and concerts halls, dressing rooms, jury, participation in all festival events - opening, rehearsals, concerts, awarding and closing ceremonies, resort fee and VAT.
Prices do not include:medical insurance and travel expenses.
Transfer from Varna Airport to Albena Resort and back costs an additional 12 euro per person.
The required amount is paid only by bank transfer on the following bank account of International Festival Center “Friends of Bulgaria”after signing a contract.
Societe Generale Expressbank IBAN: BG80TTBB94001525914482, BIC: TTBBBG22
For application forms, questions and more information:
Plamen Krustev, tel: +35929875568;