From 23rd to 26th of June 2016 in Albena Resort and the Municipality of Dobrich, Bulgaria was held the XIII International Choral Festival “Maestro Zachari Mednikarov”. The musical event is organized by International Festival Program “Friends of Bulgaria” and Municipality of Dobrich in a partnership with Bulgarian Choral Union, Union of the Bulgarian Composers and Union of the Bulgarian Musicians and Dancers.The Festival is held under the patronage of the Mayor of Dobrich Municipality – Mr. Yordan Yordanov.
In 2003 Maestro Zachari Mednikarov gives his name to the Festival, organized by International Festival Program “Friends of Bulgaria” and the Festival becomes one of the most prestigious choral festivals in Bulgaria.
This year 13 choirs from Bulgaria, Russia and Turkey participated in the Festival. After two days of intense festival program in Albena Resort, the Gala concert and the awarding ceremony of the Festival took place in Concert hall “Dobrich” on the 25th of June – Saturday. The awards were handed by the Deputy Mayor of Dobrich Municipality – Dr. Emilia Baeva and the Director of International Festival Program “Friends of Bulgaria” – Mr. Tsvetan Ivanov.
The jury consisting of all the participating choirs’ conductors judges the following ranking:
GRAND PRIX - Female Choir at the College of Russian Music Academy, Moscow, Russia. Conductor: Oksana Glazeva, concert-master: Anita Glavchenko.
DIPLOMA„LAUREATE I DEGREE”:
- Choir„KOROMAKÜ“, Burdur, Turkey at Mehmet Akif Ersoy University, Faculty of Education. Conductor: Prof. Dr. Seval KÖSE, concert-master: ESRA DALKIRAN;
- Children group at Choir„Bodra pesen“, Shumen, Bulgaria, Conductor: Denitsa Uzunova;
- Female Choir „Golden Lyre“, Targovishte, Bulgaria, Conductor: Iliana Ivanova;
- Church Choir “Casiana Domestica”, Shumen, Bulgaria. Conductor: Juliana Panova;
DIPLOMA„LAUREATE II DEGREE”:
– Male Choir„St. Ivan Rilski“, Dupnitsa, Bulgaria. Conductor: Tania Kamburova;
– Male vocal formation “Rila”, Kostenets, Bulgaria. Conductor: Irina Gerina;
– Mixed Choir „Orpheus“, Vratsa, Bulgaria. Conductors: Boycho Dimov, Momchil Tomov;
– Female Choir „Kelara“, Provadia, Bulgaria. Conductor: Todorka Mihova;
DIPLOMA„LAUREATE III DEGREE”:
– Vocal formation „Rila“, Kostenets, Bulgaria. Conductor: Irina Gerina;
– Choir„Srednogorski zvuci“, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria. Conductor: Emil Minev;
– Mixed Choir„Sedianka“, Silistra, Bulgaria. Conductor: Lidia Kuleva.